Wednesday, February 2, 2005

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

Hello, and Happy Ground-Hog Day!......I heard on the radio this morning that the ground-hog saw his shadow, so we will be having 6 more weeks of winter.  That makes sense to me, as my house is still surrounded by snow, anyhow, and as I said earlier, I'm staying inside until the spring,  and I do stand true to my word!....

Six weeks is nothing compared to the 23 months that my Jimmy has been away, within the prison system....Yes, we are now into our 23rd month.........that is 1 month short of 2 years.......somehow, 2 years sounds even worse.........but here I am....waiting and keeping the household together.

I received an e-mail this morning from someone whose father is in prison.  It was a beautiful letter, and I was so happy to receive it.  Her friends have told her to just forget about her father now that he is in prison.  No, that is the wrong thing to do.  For anyone that has a father, husband, son, brother...or maybe sister, mother, or wife in prison, now is the time to show them love.  Are you one of the people that have forgotten about someone in prison?  Even an occasional letter or card can make a big difference in that person's life.....now is actually the time that they need your love and prayers....they need to be guided down the right path of life.  Through your love and your words, that person can become a better person....because  he knows that someone actually cares about him.........so , yes, show your father love......accept his calls, if you are able to...go to visit him if possible........send him letters....cards......newspaper clippings about the outside world.....computer print-outs about subjects he may be interested in...............yes, make him part of the world, and your world........hoping that he will change his past ways and become a productive citizen.

My feeling is that we , as the family of the prisoner, are the people that are instrumental in the prisoner's rehabilatation.  He needs to know that he is loved and supported....that he matters....without family, or friends, without love, he can never be rehabilatated......We, as the family, are probably the most important aspect of the prisoner's rehabilatation................Show him the light and the way..........

Well, hope you all have a nice day, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers................

It's a nice sunny day, today, and should go up to 40 degrees, regardless of what the groundhog thought this morning when he got up!....................Love,  Fran

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did not even know it was groundhog day wow i may need to listen to the news lol well i hate that winter is still here but it really has not been that cold here so i guees it is ok lol well u are so bright the way you word things you never seem to amaze me when i read your journla thanx for keeping htis open to all of us as you do ---- p00kie

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your journal.  However I don't know if I can agree with todays entry.  How many times is a family suppose to show a person in prison the light and the way?  My son's daddy has had so much support from family and friends, but still he keeps going back.  He has been out for over a year now, and has not one time contacted his son.  I guess what I am trying to say it that it is up to the individual to change his or her ways. The family can't do it for them, no matter how much love and support they give.  Rehabilatation is up to the person in prison.  I am not saying to turn your back on someone you love, I am just saying loving and supporting them isn't going to change them.  Even though my sons dad doesn't make contact him my son did drop off a Christmas present at his grandma's for his dad in hopes that someday he will forget about his drugs and remember his kids.

Anonymous said...

Dear Terra,
Thank you so much for reading my journal...also, thank you for sharing your thoughts here....I am so sorry for your little son, about his father who is in prison...It is just so sad that some people don't want to change, no matter how much love is given to them.....I'm so sorry....you are right.......it just proves that everyone's case is different..........I will think about you.....you remind me of a woman i worked with in a hospital in las vegas....................Fran