Sunday, February 20, 2005

LIFE GOES ON IN KINTOCK....

DEAR ANITA....

  THANK YOU FOR YOUR LAST COMMENT, AND I THOUGHT I'D ANSWER SOME OF YOUR QUESTS. HERE!.........JIMMY IS SUPPOSSED TO START HIS JOB ON TUESDAY, AS MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY.....TUESDAY IS ORIENTATION, AND HE WILL FIND OUT ALL ABOUT THE JOB, AND WHAT SHIFT HE WORKS........HE WILL TAKE A SMALL MINI-VAN THERE, AND THE JOB IS NOT TOO FAR FROM KINTOCK.........HE IS RESTING UP FOR IT, AND PREPARING FOR IT....HE IS VERY HAPPY AND EXCITED BOUT IT.........IT IS A "QUALITY ASSURANCE JOB," IN A PLANT.....I BELIEVE IT IS A TURKEY PLANT...........................................TRUTHFULLY, JIMMY WILL DO ANY JOB VERY WELL....MY HUSBAND CAN DO ALMOST EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING...........AND HE WILL...............BUT HE IS VERY ANXIOUS TO START HIS WEEK-END FURLOUGHS HOME...........AND HE NEEDS TO BE WORKING OUTSIDE OF KINTOCK TO DO THAT........

I'M HAPPY YOU LIKE OUR PIX!....WE TOOK THAT A FEW DAYS BEFORE HE TURNED HIMSELF IN, ON OUR COMPUTER CAM.........JIMMY LOVES TAKING PIX, AND WE HAVE ABOUT EVERY CAMERA, AND CAM-CORDER YOU CAN IMAGINE!..(SPRINT CELL PHONES, DIG CAMS, ETC.........MANY TIMES AT NIGHT I SIT AND WATCH THE MOVIES OF OURSELF THAT HE FILMED BEFORE HE WENT TO PRISON.......MOVIES OF US SITTIN G ON THE BOARDWALK, LOOKING AT THE OCEAN, WATCHING TV, OUR 3 PETS, OUR HOME IN LAS VEGAS, OUR SOCIAL GATHERINGS....AND OF COURSE THE HUMEROUS THINGS I SAY..............OH YES, HE HAS THAT ALL ON FILM!......I LOVE TO SIT AND WATCH MY HUSBAND, AND HE LOVES TO WATCH ME!....................YOU SEE, WHEN YOUR HUSBAND GOES TO PRISON...THAT IS, THE MAN YOU ARE SO IN LOVE WITH, THE PASSAGE OF 'TIME" STARTS PLAYING TRICKS ON YOUR MIND.  IN OTHER WORDS, THE 2 YEARS HE IS GONE DOES NOT SEEM LIKE 2 YEARS...IT SEEMS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY, HE STOOD AT THE FRONT DOOR, AND SAID GOOD-BYE........TIME HAS A STRANGE WAY OF 'CONDENSING" IN THE MIND.................WE HAVE A LITTLE GAME WE HAVE AGREED TO PLAY WHEN HE COMES HOME.  WHEN HE WALKS THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR, HE WILL TELL ME HE HAD JUST WENT OUT TO THE STORE FOR A FEW MINUTES (NOT THE 2  OR MORE YRS HE HAS BEEN GONE)...AND THEN, WE WILL RESUME OUR LIFE, JUST AS IF HE NEVER LEFT..........YES, JIMMY AND I HAVE OUR OWN WAY OF COPING WITH THIS EXPERIENCE........YOU SEE, WHAT MAKES THE BOTH OF US VERY UNUSUAL, IS THAT WE HAVE HIGHLY IMMAGINATIVE AND CREATIVE MINDS......WE CAN, IN FACT, CHANGE BAD INTO GOOD,,,,,,,,,,,,IN ONE WAY, JIMMY AND I CREATE A LITLE WORLD AROUND US...A LITTLE WORLD OF FANTASY AND PLEASURE..........EVEN SEPEREATED BY PRISON WALLS , WE CONTINUE TO DO THIS.....WE ARE 2 ADULTS THAT LIKE TO PLAY...WE REALLY NEVER GREW UP, AND YET WE ARE VERY MUCH ADULTS, AND CAN BE VERY SERIOUS..............WE ARE VERY FLEXIBLE PEOPLE.............EVEN WITH ME LOSING MY EYESIGHT. PEOPLE CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I AM EVEN BLIND...............WELL, YOU SEE , I PRETEND IN MY HEAD THAT I AM NOT BLIND, AND THEN TO ME I CAN SEE.................IF PRISON WIVES CAN LEARN TO DO THIS,....TO USE THEIR CREATIVE MINDS, THE EXPERINCE WOULD NOT BE SO DREADFUL..............

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THE STORY IN "THE PRESS OF ATLANTIC CITY.".........MAINLY, I AM HAPPY TO EDUCATE THE PUBLIC ABOUT THIS ISSUE.........THAT THE ROLE OF "THE PRISON WIFE," DOES EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY..............MOST OFTEN A FORGOTTEN WOMAN, "SHE " NEEDS TO BE EXPOSED AND BROUGHT OUT INTO THE FOREFRONT..............I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SOME, "YOU FEEL IT IS A STIGMA TO BE A PRISON WIFE."..........NO, IT'S NOT ME...........IT IS SOCIETY, YES SOCIETY, THAT PUTS THE STIGMA ON THESE WOMEN, BECAUSE EVEN THE WORD PRISON, SENDS SHIVERS UP ONES SPINE.............I AM PROUD OF MY HUSBAND, AND I AM PROUD TO BE HIS WIFE........I AM PROUD HE DID THE RIGHT THING AND IS SERVING HIS PRISON TERM.......I';M IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND............WHEN HE LEFT ME, 2 YEARS AGO, WE WERE STILL IN A STATE OF INFATUATION..............IS THAT POSSIBLE, TO BE IN THAT STATE FOR 2 YEARS, AT OUR AGE (47 AND 49 AT THE TIME)...AND NOW, OUR LOVE HAS PROGRESSED INTO EVEN SOMETHING DEEPER............

WELL, I'LL GO TO BED NOW........IT IS SNOWING OUTSIDE, ONCE AGAIN!..............................FRAN

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran,

Thank you so much for dedicating this entry to me.  This touches me so much that you care so much.  I also noticed that you read my email.  I will get to my part two of the next email I promised you.  It is great that he can do any job and QA is a very good job and it pays good from what hubby said from his own factory work.  Although hubby was the loader in the plastic factory he worked in.  He didn't do QA.  I think it takes a college degree (which hubby does not have) to get a job like that which Jimmy has off course.

Now on the creative things you and Jimmy do, that is excellent to do that so that time goes quicker.  One has to improvise or one loses their sanity.  The situation I told you about in my last email to you, we also improvise so that things can be good instead of bad.  That is the best way to think positive instead of negative.  Like you stated that you don't see yourself as being legally blind.  I like that idea.  I pretend on things too like I try not to see myself as being short even though I am only 5'2".  We sure have so much in common.

Yes, you are still in love after two years since he is your soulmate.  It is just like what the other lady stated in your other entry that her fiance was taken from her and they lost contact but she still loves him.  

We are so glad Jimmy starts his job on Tuesday and he will soon be on furloughs and yes pretend that he just went to the store.  That way it won't be dreadful.  Your articles both in the newspaper and ezine and this journal is really educating a lot of people.  You guys should write a book.  Maybe I can get my cousin to think positive but she wants to be bitter all because she got caught and I even warned her and told her to stop doing it.

Well sleep well and I am also going to bed.  The angels are on your side.

Hugs,
:) Anita

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran,

This is my first visit here...I'm a friend of Anita's...I wanted to tell you that you have a very special journal and thank you so much for sharing your story...I know that you said that to you and your husband, this has become 'normal'...but from the outside, it seems that you both are very brave.  

But I do know what you mean, a friend of mine was in jail for two years and it became normal for us to correspond by phone and letters and drawings and cards...I know that I'll never look at people who spend time in prison, or their family or friends, the same way again.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

another great entry you are always so inspriring to all not just prison wives

Anonymous said...

Precious entry from a very precious lady. Hugs, love and prayers, hon. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

DEAR ANITA, BARB, MICHELE, AND POOKIE,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT COMMENTS..........MICHELE, I;M GOING TO YOUR JOURNAL NOW!...........fran