Tuesday, June 22, 2004

at&t

Well, once again, happiness doesn' seem to last very long, when something steps in to poisen your life, and just want to slash your wrists, for real this time.  And I came right to my computer, to talk it out to you all....all of you, especially loved ones of prisoners, who, I personally know, have been through this time and time again.  As I sit here crying and typing, full of hatred  for this world..........I don't care...the world always does it to me...........and I hide my feelings from those who know me...........so they never know who I really am........but. I'll tell you what happened...I hope in a few hours, it will all pass, and I'll be back on the road to happiness again.  But i doubt it, because they picked the wrong time to do this to me......This is what happened, to make me so upset, and almost suicidal at this point......I don't care what you think of me...I just can't solve all the problems anymore, alone................1 1/2 hours ago, at 12 noon, at&t leaves a recorded message on my phone...they are putting a block on my prison calls, until I pay $645.  Now, this happens every month to me, but it is the at&t office that  calls, and last month they called me and thanked me, saying I was one of their best customers, because usually my bills are over $1000, and always paid.  Last month the person vowed to me they would not shut the phone off as long as I paid a minimum of $400 a month....Now the point is, EVERY MONTH I TALK TO SOMEONE DIFFERENT, AND EVERY MONTH THEY TELL ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT........So. now today, they refused to turn it back on.........so that means I have no communication with Jimmy.  He is suppossed to call me to let me know when he is leaving, to get his clothes there, and exactly what to do........and on top of it all, July 1st is my birthday..........oh it is a cruel, cruel, world........I just can't deny that.....Actually, I know it's a beautiful world....but I just can't get ahold of myself right now........I have to go to bed and cry right now.........I'm sorry, my moods are so sporadic.........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Fran, I so sorry you have to go through this right now.  Things will work out somehow.   You have been very strong all along and I know you will continue to be so.   Can you and Jimmy email each other for the next two weeks?  If not, sit down tonight and write him a letter.  You have been very lucky to be able to talk to each other every day, more so than many other husbands and wives.  Stay strong.  You will get through this too.  Love to you.          Dawn

Anonymous said...

I found your journal really interesting to read and my heart goes out to you.  I hope things will sort themselves out and that you will be together again soon!
Lyn x

Anonymous said...

That really sucks!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays

Anonymous said...

Fran, I wish I had something uplifiting to say, but I totally understand your frustrations and anger and total dejection.  At a time when you should be thinking only of Jimmy's release and getting him settled and being with him, Bam, AT&T slaps reality on you.  It will get sorted out somehow, you just can't see that far down the road right now.  Hang on tight.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Fran...I just read your entry and I am SO SO sorry. :(  I think you need to call them and demand to speak to a supervisor this time.  And then when you talk to one, tell them the whole story...about how you speak to someone different everytime and they all tell you different stories.  Then if that doesn't work, tell them to look at your record and see how much money you have given them....and they will see you are a VERY valuable customer.  Then tell them if they can't get this worked out for you and make a permanent plan for you, you will take your business somewhere else.  You ought to actually call some other long distance companies to check on different deals so you can be prepared to be specific with ATandT. Tell them " so and so will give me a better plan than you...50percent less...etc etc".  They are used to making deals...believe me.  Try that.  I hope as you read my message to you, you are feeling better and have this worked out.  I am praying for you, sweetie.  Don't despair....please....not at this joyous time.  Love, Gretchen