Saturday, January 21, 2006

the countdown.....

JIMMY CALLED ME THIS MORNING TO WAKE ME UP...."THE COUNTDOWN HAS STARTED, HONEY,"  HE SAID HAPPILY INTO THE PHONE.  "ONLY 45 MORE DAYS TO GO.  AS OF THIS MONDAY, IT WILL BE 6 MORE WEEKS."

AND SO, THAT'S HOW IT GOES......I TOLD HIM HOW GOOD I FEEL, AND ALL MY "ACHES AND PAINS" HAVE GONE AWAY!  IT GOES TO SHOW YOU, JUST HOW THE MIND AFFECTS THE BODY...HOWEVER WHEN IT IS HAPPENING TO YOU, IT IS VERY HARD TO CONVERT YOUR THOUGHTS...........WHATEVER POISEN WAS IN ME...WELL, IT IS GONE NOW.   WHAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW CRIMINALS KEEP COMMITTING CRIMES, AND GOING THROUGH THIS PROCESS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.........AS FOR MYSELF, I THRIVE WHEN ALL IS AT PEACE AND LIFE IS IN BALANCE......I NEED TO BE SURROUNDED BY LOVE, HAPPINESS, AND SUNSHINE..........I NEED TO KEEP MY HOUSEHOLD AS BALANCED AND AS PEACEFUL AS I CAN.......AND SO, NOW WE STRIVE TOWARDS THAT.......

JIMMY SENT ME A HOME-MADE CALENDER, OF THE DAYS TILL HE COMES HOME.......I HAVE IT HANGING ON MY BEDROOM WALL...I CROSS OFF EACH DAY....45 DAYS ARE LEFT.....SOMEONE HERE, SUGGESTED I MAKE A CHAIN OF THE NUMBER OF DAYS LEFT, AND THEN TAKE A CHAIN OFF EACH DAY TILL PAROLE.  THAT IS A GOOD IDEA, TOO.

JIMMY IS STILL WORKING AS A RUNNER.  THAT IS, GIVING OUT TRAYS, MOPPING THE FLOOR....HE ENJOYS HELPING OUT, AND THAT CAN GET RID OF SOME OF HIS ENERGY, AS HE HAS A LOT OF THAT.........HE CAN NOW SIT OUTSIDE HIS CELL TO EAT HIS MEALS, WHERE THERE IS A SMALL TABLE.  FOR BREAKFAST TODAY THEY HAD WHAT IS SUPPOSSED TO BE "CHIPPED BEEF."  BUT WHAT IT REALLY WAS, IS GROUND TURKEY IN SOME SORT OF CREAMED SAUCE..........YUK!

MY HUSBAND HAS ALREADY REQUESTED WHAT HE'D LIKE TO EAT WHEN HE COMES HOME........IT IS A COICE BETWEEN TURKEY (he loves how i make turkey), MEATLOAF, OR POT ROAST.....HE WANTS ONE OF THESE ON HIS FIRST DAY HOME.  I THINK I'LL MAKE THE POT ROAST, BECAUSE I MADE IT ON HIS FURLOUGH, AND HE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT  (I HAVE A SPECIAL WAY OF MAKING IT IN THE WOK, SO IT STAYS JUICY, AND USING FRESH GINGER).

WELL, I'M GOING OUTSIDE NOW.  MY TIRE IS FLAT , SO I WILL CALL TRIPLE A.  IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING.  AND I'M ONE OF THOSE WOMEN WHO HATE TO DO THOSE "MAN THINGS."...BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE.

AND SO, ONCE AGAIN, MY FAVORITE SAYING HAS ALWAYS BEEN,   "IF WINTER COMES, CAN SPRING BE FAR BEHIND?"

                                     FRAN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you can't wait till he comes home and that it probably feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of you.

Anonymous said...

That roast in the wok sounds delicious, Fran! I think I'd make the roast, turkey and meatloaf and then you wouldn't have to cook for a few days but can live off the leftovers. I think it is a wonderful idea to  make the paper chains. We would do that to keep track of Christmas countdown; but counting down until Jimmy comes home is even a better thing!

betty

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your journal today... WOW! I am so happy to see that I am as angry with the system as some others out there! My husband will be out in October/Nov.'ish.  Hopefully I will know the date soon.... that is very annoying to not be NOTIFIED!!!  I haven't read all of the entries in here, so forgive me if I am repeating something already said.  Why do they NOT notify the family of anything?  Why do I have to make numerous phonecalls to numerous places to NOT get anywhere?  The prisoners have no clue whats going on either... I am dumbfounded.  I was at the prison waiting to be checked in to visit, happened to run into my husbands public def. and I asked him if he has trouble getting through when he calls.  He was experiencing my same frustration just that week like me.  My husband and I are pregnant and while I was at the Dr.'s for the checkup, to hear the heartbeat for the first time.... (we had a miscarriage before this pregnancy)  The Dr. couldn't get a heartbeat after two different instrumental attempts.  As I waited for the ultra sound, I felt overwhelmed to be there without my husband and was in panic.  I tried SO many times as i sat there for 1/2 an hour to try to reach someone at the prison to notify my husband what was happening.  In the end, I could not reach him before the ultra sound and when the Dr.  and I looked at the screen, there was the baby... healthy heartbeat and all! :)  Did I over react?  Probably, I'm sure I did.  But I can't help but think of all the "what if's" and not being able to talk to him.