Thursday, September 2, 2004

SUNNY DAY....

Today is a beautiful sunny, warm day here in South Jersey....In a little while I'll go outside and walk 1-2 miles....and sit on the park benches, and look at the trees...and the birds and squirrels.....it's so beautiful here!...the ocean and beaches aand boardwalk  are only 15 minutes from my house.....And, it is now almost 1 1/2 years that Jimmy has been away...that is, 18 months.............somehow 18 months doesn't sound so bad....I spoke to his friend a little while ago, and he will take me to see Jimmy this coming Tuesday evening....Even 40 minutes is heaven for me to see my husband....just to hold him, kiss him, hug him.........it is around 4 hours of traveling back and forth, for a mere 40 minutes of being in each others presence.....

  Last night at Talbot Hall, the "ALUMNI CLUB," held a program.....At least 250 residents were there, along with counselors and the Administrator ....The "Alumni Club," consists of men who have graduated from this program, and have gone on to lead good, productive lives...good citizens........some are even Doctors and Lawyers who had committed a crime, and were now reformed....They hold regular meetings and programs, and come back to Talbot Hall to speak to the residents....Jimmy is on the "alumni committee," and is really impressed with the program.....

  Now listen what happened last night!  The men who had graduated from Talbot Hall were giving speeches...the auditorium was filled with residents, listening......Suddenly, one speaker, points to my husband, says his name, and says "This man did something for me last year in Bayside Prison, that changed my life!"............what a wonderful thing!....he actually remembered Jimmy...and acknowledged him in front of everyone!....Jimmy can't believe this happened.........Men at Talbot were coming up to Jimmy, talking to him about this all last night and even today.....Jimmy does help people, all the time....prison or not....he just has a special gift for that....

  I am so proud of my husband....I love him so.....I am here, waiting for him, keeping our home and life "together."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your Jimmy is really trying to help people despite his situation!

Anonymous said...

hi Sugar....yes, Jimmy is a great man........