Thursday, September 16, 2004

NO PHONE CALLS UNTIL SUNDAY

WELL, JIMMY IS NOT ALLOWED TO CALL ME UNTIL SUNDAY.....THE GUYS IN TALBOT HALL ARE BEING PUNISHED......A FEW WEEKS AGO, THE GUYS COULD MAKE PHONE CALLS AND NOT PAY FOR THEM...THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE SYSTEM.....JIMMY KNEW IT WAS WRONG, AND TOLD THEM THAT THEY WOULD BE CAUGHT.....THESE GUYS WERE MAKING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF FREE CALLS, SOME TO 900 NUMBERS.......JIMMY WARNED THEM THAT A RECPORD OF ALL OUTGOING CALLS WERE BEING KEPT.....JIMMY FIGURES AT LEAST $10,000 WORTH OF FREE CALLS WERE MADE, BUT I WOULD BET IT IS MUCH HIGHER.....NOW, I SUPPOSE THE INSTITUTION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BILL.....A BIG INVESTIGATION WAS MADE....PEOPLE THAT RECEIVED THE CALLS WERE CALLED BY INVESTIGATORS....JIMMY KNEW THIS WHOLE THING WOULD BLOW UP....AND SO YESTERDAY, HE CALLED ME WHEN HE FOUND OUT, THE PHONES HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF FROM THURSDAY UNTIL SUNDAY...................NOW, I FEEL IT IS UNFAIR, BECAUSE, JIMMY AND I DID NOTHING WRONG.....HE CONTINUED TO USE COLLECT CALLS, AND WE PAID FOR ALL OUR CALLS AS USUAL.....OUR PHONE BILLS ARE STILL VERY HIGH, ALTHOUGH HE IS NO LONGER IN PRISON.....IN PRISON, OUR BILLS WERE $1000 to $1300 /month.....NOW AT THE REHAB, MY BILLS HAVE BEEN $700 and , THIS MONTH IT IS $600.......I STILL LIVE TO PAY THE PHONE BILLS!....BUT IT IS GETTING BETTER...............AND NOW, WITHOUT THE PHONE, I KNOW HOW MY HUSBAND IS..........HE IS A VERY ANGRY MAN, I IMAGINE AT THIS MOMENT...........HE IS BEING PUNISHED FOR NOTHING HE DID, AND WORSE OF ALL, HE JUST HAS TO HEAR MY VOICE EVERYDAY..............IN THE PRISON, WHEN THIS HAPPENED A COUPLE OF TIMES, HE SLIPPED INTO A DEPRESSION....HE WOULD SIT IN HIS BED FOR HOUIRS AND STARE AT THE WALL, AND LOOK AT MY PICTURES.........PEOPLE WOULD ASK HIM WHAT WAS WRONG, AND HE STOPPED TALKING TO EVERYONE.....I KNOW HOW MY JIMMY IS....HE'LL BE OK, AND BOUNCE BACK THE MOMENT HE CAN TALK TO ME.....WE HAVE A VERY STRONG BOND BETWEEN US....NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND.....JIMMY HAS A LOT OF ENERGY.....I MAKE HIM CALMER......HE NEEDS ME, AS I NEED HIM.....I ASKED JIMMY WHY IS EVERYONE BEING PUNISHED.....HE SAID IT IS BASED ON THE SAME PRINCIPLES AS BEING IN THE ARMY....

 I WENT TO SEE HIM LAST TUESDAY, AND IT WAS WONDERFUL....I BOUGHT HIM MORE TOILETRIES......AND THE LATEST HARRY POTTER BOOK.........SO, AT LEAST I KNOW HE HAS THAT BOOK, WHILE HE CAN'T TALK TO ME ON THE PHONE

AND NOW SOME VERY WONDERFUL NEWS....JIMMY WENT TO CLASSIFICATION YESTERDAY......HE WILL GO BACK NEXT WEEK...BECAUSE OF HIS TEST SCORES, ETC. , THEY WILL PLACE HIM IN A JOB BEFORE HE GOES TO THE HALF-WAY HOUSE.....THAT IS WONDERFUL, BECAUSE THAT MEANS HE DOES  NOT HAVE TO FIND HIS OWN JOB.....AND THAT WILL PROBABLY MEAN HIS WEEK-END FURLOURGHS HOME, WILL BE SOONER THAN WE THOUGHT.....

....SO, ALL IN ALL, THINGS ARE GOING VERY WELL...............................FRAN

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you can't talk to him for a few days, but at least besides that it sounds like things are going well.

Anonymous said...

I found your journal to be very interesting....I guess you could say I am on the other side of your situation....I was a mental health counselor in the state prison system. My husband is a sargeant with the state prison system. I do wish you both alot of luck with rehab and starting your lives anew when he is able to come home for good. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings.
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I can understand why they all got in trouble and I can understand why Jimmy didn't tell on them when he knew what they were doing. He is in a terible situation. Hopefully he will be out of that place soon. I always enjoy reading your journal. Thanks a lot for the writings.

Anonymous said...

obviously the crime that was committed by your husband was one caused someone else some sort of grief be it a loss of something....people attempt to minimize crimes....jail is a choice for most when he committed his crime he knew the consequences, especially with him being a bondsman....so if he has no use of the phones than he shuold just accept it.  You proclaim your husband to be this intelligent individual when really all he is, is a not so smart criminal ....a smart criminal does not get caught but with all of his intelligence he should have been running a major corporation someplace...instead he is in jail trying to be righteous about a phone.   as for the army there is no comparison, what battle field are they on?

Anonymous said...

When I read the line about him being punished for nothing he did, etc., I was just thinking how like the Army that is. I'm not going to compare who deserves more sympathy because I agree with those who pointed out that prison is a punishment for crimes, something that deserves it, while the men in the Army are trying to serve their country for love of those at home. But I do sympathize with you in being unable to talk to him and with him for unfortunate punishments for stuff he wasn't involved with. My boyfriend (who is 25) is always going on lock-down because the 18 year olds he serves with can't remember not to get drunk on their weekend passes. It drives us both nuts.