Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Featured in "Friends and Flirts" Community Page

I have some great news today!  I received an e-mail from AOL, notifying me that this journal, Reflections of a Prison Wife, is featured in AOL's People Connection Page, "Friends and Flirts Community Page. "  (to get there, just type in "flirts " on the bar, and press go....that will take you there....)....There are other features about prison and loved ones..............If you are not into prison stuff, there is plenty of fun things to look into!...So try and go there when you get a chance!

  I would like to thank AOL, for finding my journal, taking the time to read it, and featuring it in "Friends and Flirts."  It is absolutely a great honor, and I will forever be thankful to you.  I was so surprised and shocked when I received your e-mail!

  The entry selected for the feature is called "OUR FIRST VISIT."  It is about Jimmy and I meeting for the first time , after one year, in Talbot Hall, Rehab.  It is a long entry, and I started by recalling what it was like when Jimmy went to jail that first day...and then progressing to seeing him once again.

  It has always been my dream to write....Being a Registered Nurse just wasn't enough.  I had to sit and write....and now the time has come to do just that, as I await my husband's return.

  I believe writing this journal has served it's purpose...One purpose was to help me get through a rough time....to purge myself....to allow you to enter my life....my thoughts...."the corners of my mind."..I have shared as much as I could with you....but there is still a little corner of my mind that only Jimmy can get into!

  Another purpose of this journal was to help others....to make all those prison wives, girlfriends, loved ones, realize that they are not alone in what they experience within the prison system.....they are not alone in their perplexing thoughts......the world in which they live is suddenly torn apart....their husband is no longer there...and yet those women are human beings who crave love , and are caught in a devastating web....everyday, they question themselves   "Do I stay or run away?"..................If this journal has somehow helped you, and comforted you, then my misssion has been completed....................................

  I hope you saw how Jimmy and I did it for 17 months...how we stayed connected at all times....I hope I made you laugh, as well as cry at times....You were there for me through holidays , birthdays, snowstorms, and thunderstorms....you were my support system, and I hope I was yours!

  Thank you all , again, for reading my journal!.........And as I've said before many times........."Life is a Journey!"............................................................With Love, Fran

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before...and I will say it again and again...You are a beatiful person, Fran.  And thanks so much for sharing that beauty with us.  

Love, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

That is really spiffy about you being featured!  :)