Tuesday, November 9, 2004

AUTUMN NOTES

Jimmy is up for parole in a couple of weeks. At the same time, his weekend furloughs home will also start soon.....It seems like everything happens together!  I will first go to the half-way house where he is staying, for family orientation, then he will start coming home.  However, the first time will be a 9 hour meeting....They want an hour-by-hour account of what he will be doing for those 9 hours....I just can't imagine!  Can you?

We still talk everyday, several times a day, but phone bills are better now....He uses a phone card at the half-way house, or coins....they are direct calls....He can even call my cell phone.....

Everyone works there. He now works in the kitchen, cooking, and in the computer lab.  He goes to sleep at 8pm, and is up at 3 am, to cook breakfast for 200 men.  It is hard work, but my baby will do anything to get home.....so sweat, he doesn't mind.  He has also had several job interviews outside the half-way house, and he knows which one he'll pick, and that job should start shortly.....

last Saturday, I noticed my foot incision looked infected.  I called my Surgeon, who sent me to the hospital.  I took a taxi there...it was the most beautiful Autumn day......They kept me for 9 hours, finally releasing me at 12 midnight....They let me out into the night, and I took a taxi home....I never go out at night anymore, because of my eyesight.....and so I have a little infection and am on antibx once again......I feel good, though.....I don't even look sick.......However, as you may all know, my life has become one of doctors appointments.........I see the surgeon every week, have labs drawn everyweek, and see the medical doctor.....

I hope this journal is helping those Prison Wives, Girlfriends, Mothers, and other loved ones of prisoners.  Remember, you are not alone.  There are lots of us out there, who wait for their loved one to return.

We Prison Wives live in a different world than most other people.  We don't fit into a "category."  We are the least understood by society.  Our society understands widows, divorcees.....they understand the sick, the dying, the homeless, and orphans, amongst others.  But mention the word "prison, " and it is an automatic stigma.  It is only those of us going through it, that can understand.  There are some wonderful people who read my journal who are not connected with the prison system, and they understand it, and have compassion.

So therefore, I am happy to share my thoughts with you.

And as the saying goes, "life is worth living."

I've never been happier to be here in my warm home and bed, with my pets...Prince, Misty, and Jimbo....as we await Jimmy's return.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fram we are just so happy that you are back and that Jiimy will soom be home too. Soon this with just be like a bad memory.

Anonymous said...

Fran we are just so happy that you are back and that Jimmy will soon be home too. Soon this with just be like a bad memory.

Anonymous said...

That is great that he will be getting out soon.  I hope your foot gets better soon!  :)

Anonymous said...

Good news, it's like seeing the rainbow at the end of a storm.  It's nice having you at home again.   Better days are coming.  Yaaaaa
Dawn    http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads/n        

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you are doing well, and that Jimmy will be home soon.  But you do realize he's not the victim, right?  In the USA, you do the crime you do the "time".  I'm just glad his "time" is almost over and ya'll will be able to continue your lives together.

Best wishes,
Sheila