Monday, May 31, 2004

"I Love You, Jimmy'

Dear Jimmy,  "Did I tell you I love you?"  Yes, over and over we say those words on the phone to each other. We are so blessed to have each other.  There is no better man in this world, than my husband.  It is not easy for a very active man to be locked up in a place for so many months...and now we are into our second year.  Jimmy helps teach the inmates for the GED (high school equivalency exam).  Next Tuesday , the inmates will be taking the exam.  I asked Jimmy, "How do you remember all those Algebra and Geometry Formulas?"  After all, we have been out of high school for more than 30 years.  "I just do, Fran, " he replied.  The truth is, Jimmy is a math wiz.  He can calculate large numbers in his head, without a paper and pencil.  As for me, I get by on the basics.  I noticed it as soon as we got married.  At that point, I knew I had married a genius.  I asked him, "Are you at a genius level, Jimmy?"  He would not admit it, but I already knew it....Math, electronics, business, computers, books, music, classic novels...everything and anything...Jimmy just "knows " it.  I am always amazed at the knowledge my husband has. And the best part about him, is that he talks to everyone on "their level."  He never shows off. And he just loves people.  My husband is a very unique man. And I am blessed to be his wife.  Tonight I told him, "don't worry, I am keeping our household together while you are gone. " He was so happy for me to say those words.  When Jimmy was home, he did not let me lift a finger.  He handled everything. Everyday he tells me he is proud of me that I am handling everything, now......."And Jimmy," I said tonight, "Remember that you have a "home" to come back to...a wife, pets.  So many, maybe most of those inmates have nowhere and nobody to go to."

And now, I'd like to say good-nite to everyone!  I will go now and think of my husband.  And I hope everyone in the world has found love, the way I have....it is the most important thing....and that is to love.  That is our wish for everyone.  That you have found the man or woman that God wishes you to be with in marriage..........and that you feel loved, and give love.

No comments: